Become a Mentor
Are you interested in becoming a Generation Power Mentor?
We are currently seeking mentors with a wide range of skills and experiences!
All you need to do is fill out this form and click submit. As soon as we receive your application, we will contact you to schedule a follow-up phone conversation about your application.
If you have further questions about the program before completing the form, please contact Generation Power Co-Manager, Emily Kow.
Program Mentors are experienced Indigenous leaders and clean energy practitioners who possess deep familiarity with Indigenous culture, traditions, and values. Program Mentors will also support Generation Power Youth before, during, and after the Generation Power Program.
Additionally, Program Coaches provide one-on-one personal and professional development support to each Generation Power Youth - helping them grow their skills and confidence in areas that include but are not limited to leadership, conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, performance management, communication, empowerment, entrepreneurship, and life skills.
- Generation Power Youth (Learners) are paired with Mentors from the ICE Network
- Mentors engage with learners one-on-one four to six times per year; mentors receive a stipend to support their participation.
- Mentors create space for shared learning regarding clean energy development in the community, leadership, green careers, culture, etc.
- Learners build their network in the clean energy sector, understand potential career trajectories, have the opportunity to voice concerns/questions and share insights/experiences.
- Mentors build their leadership capacity, share knowledge and experiences, and learn from youths’ experiences and insights.